House for Sale
Kirkoswald House - One of Mosman's Finest
Property ID 1972677Blending Victorian grandeur with Australian design sensibility, this majestic colonial homestead is recognised as one of Mosman's best and first ever homes. An exceptionally rare opportunity within its salubrious beachside enclave, Kirkoswald House' is encircled by over 2163sqm of parklike grounds upon an incredibly private dual access landholding.
Evoking a sense of occasion upon arrival through its wrought-iron gates, magnificent cedar and magnolia trees dating back to c1873 frame this uniquely breathtaking offering. Engaging in a perfect northerly aspect, wide sandstone flagged terraces surround the sprawling single level layout with multiple sets of French and bi-fold doors connecting to the outdoor expanses. Sculpted gardens and rolling lawns stem outwards to meet the secluded swimming pool and spa tucked away alongside romantic vine covered pergolas.
Retaining many of its classic hallmarks, sympathetic additions and modern luxuries seamlessly combine to create a truly memorable aesthetic. Towering 13foot ceilings soar above the formal rooms, master suite, executive office and hallway superbly complimenting the original timber floorboards adorned with traditional motifs. Acting as a bridge between the old and new, the marble shaker kitchen signifies the transition to casual contemporary living. An ambient quadrangle centred upon a striking water feature is accessible from the kitchen and family room.
A magnificent country retreat located between Balmoral Beach and Chinamans Beach, become immersed within the beauty of Mosman's exclusive Golden Triangle' footsteps from the shoreline and the attractions of The Esplanade.
- Graceful adjoining formal dining and sitting rooms warmed by a gas fireplace
- Ambient family room personalised by custom joinery housing a wood fireplace
- Casual dining, living and kitchen resting underneath a lofty panelled vaulted ceiling
- Cararra marble Hamptons kitchen integrated with a commercial 120cm Ilve oven
- Master suite opening to a luxurious ensuite bathroom featuring a separate spa bath
- Executive home office equipped with elegant cabinetry, supersized 2nd bedroom
- Multiple quality bathrooms, separate guest powder room with marble mosaic floor
- Internal access from the lock-up garage off Kirkoswald Ave, double garage off Tivoli St
- Additional secure driveway parking, entertainer's garden, swimming pool and spa
- Luxuriant formal gardens created by Annie Wilkes serviced multiple rainwater tanks
- 2-way walk through closet, wine cellar, storerooms and surround sound
- Impeccably restored high skirting boards, ceiling roses and decorative archways
- Back-to-base alarm system, ducted reverse-cycle air-conditioning and solar
- A 5 minute walk to both Chinamans and Balmoral Beach, footsteps to city buses
- Convenient access to quality schools, Mosman's boutique shopping strip and The Spit
** All information contained herein is gathered from sources we consider to be reliable, however we cannot guarantee or give any warranty to the information provided.